- 6 cloves garlic (2 grated, the rest thinly sliced)
- 1 handful finely chopped fresh parsley
- 125 grams full-fat greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons Grandma’s Hot Sauce- plus extra for serving
- 250g minced pork
- 250g mince beef
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large shallot (thinly sliced)
- 750 grams golden or red cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 60ml white wine vinegar
Place the grated garlic in a medium bowl along with the, parsley, yoghurt,, paprika, salt, hot sauce and chilli flakes. Mix until well combined. Add the meat and season with pepper.
Using your hands, mix until well combined. Roll the mixture into balls about the size of a plum.
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan or flameproof casserole dish over medium–high heat. Add a few meatballs at a time, taking care not to crowd the pot. Cook, until they are all golden brown all over, 8–10 minutes; remove from pot
Add the shallot and sliced garlic to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot is tender and the garlic starts to brown a bit, 2–3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, cook for 5 mins.
Add the vinegar, more hot sauce and 500 ml water, scraping up any bits along the bottom. Bring to a strong simmer and reduce until it thickens slightly,
Return the meatballs to the pot and reduce the heat to medium–low. Simmer until the meatballs are cooked through, 10–15 minutes.